would i quailify for AA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ramhouse, Jul 10, 2013.

1. ramhouse

ramhouse Newbie

I am a disabled vet since 2003 at 80%, applied for 100% and received letter from VA stating that they granted entitlement to 100% rate because I am unable to work due to service connected disablities with no exams in the future, does this quailify me and my spouse for aid & attendance

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

If you require the assistance of others for your daily living, then you can apply for the adder of Aid and Attendance using VA form 21-4138 Statement in Support of Claim.

You would simply state that you now require the assistance of others for your day-to-day living if that is the case. You would also need VA form 21-2680 Phy's Evaluation also stating that you are unable to mange your daily living without the assistance of others.

Thank you for your service to our country.

3. ramhouse

ramhouse Newbie

would i quailfy for A&A

4. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

I don't know your personal circumstances, or if you require the assistance of others for your daily living, so cannot address this. Many vets are 100%, but are not at the point or stage where they are dependent upon others for every day living.

5. Max

Max Hero Member

Well your rating is still 80% and you're receiving pay at the 100% pay rate because you are in receipt of individual unemployability. You would need to apply to have your compensation rating increased to 100% and also for special monthly compensation indicating that your service-connected disabilities are so bad that you cannot live independently.

6. ramhouse

ramhouse Newbie

Does PT and IU due to my service connected disabilites make a difference

7. Max

Max Hero Member

PT is only for pension, IU is for compensation. To be honest, you're kind of in the wrong forum.