Which form to use - VA Form 21-526 or VA Form 21-534

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nelle1975, Sep 1, 2008.

  1. nelle1975

    nelle1975 Newbie

    This is my first post so I hope I'm doing this correctly!! My 82 year-old mother is applying for the Aid and Attendance benefit since she has just moved into an Assisted Living facility. She is the surviving spouse of a deceased WW2 veteran (my father). She herself has never served in the military. I am currently helping her compile all the information and paperwork needed but am unsure which form we should be using - VA 21-526 and/or VA 21-534.

    Any information would be helpful. Thanks :)
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member


    Welcome to the forums. We hope you will find resources and support here.

    The form that you want to use for your mom as the widow of a veteran is 21-534.

    Good luck with the application.

Share This Page