Which Docs are required to be certified for application?!?

Discussion in 'Surviving Spouse Application' started by April1, Sep 14, 2017.

  1. April1

    April1 Newbie

    Hello everyone,


    I am applying for surviving spouse assistance for my mom who moved into assisted living last week. I have gathered all the necessary docs. But am not sure which ones are required to be certified. I am in TN and am hoping it will not be a problem to have these certified without her being physically with me. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!! I'm lost!!
  2. Kaylin

    Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member


    I can understand your urgency and bewilderment. Hopefully these forums and the VeteranAid site can help!

    The paperwork that has to be at least a certified copy:
    -marriage certificate
    -death certificate of veteran
  3. jscott

    jscott Jr. Member

    Also, the veteran's DD 214 (discharge certificate)
    Kaylin likes this.
  4. Kaylin

    Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

    Good call, thank you for catching that.

Share This Page