VONAPP or mailed application?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vafordad, Sep 14, 2010.

  1. vafordad

    vafordad Newbie

    I'm wondering whether it is better, worse, any difference, to file via the VONAPP online application or to file a paper claim through the mail? Does anybody have a feeling about which might be the best way to go?
    Thanks again. This forum is really helpful!
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member


    I have heard too many horror stories to not recommend to ALWAYS send by Return Receipt.

    What state does the applicant live in, and I will give you the correct mailing address.
  3. Max

    Max Hero Member

    I would suggest to send it through the mail. The VONAPP is more geared towards compensation benefits.
  4. vafordad

    vafordad Newbie

    That's good enough for me...I will do the application and send via registered mail return receipt. I read some posts about making the application in notebook form so I will do that.

    My dad has resided in North Carolina for the past twenty years. However, six weeks ago when I visited him, he was in really bad shape so my sister and I moved him (just him, no belongings except a few personal items) to Kansas, where she lives. He stayed with her for 4 days before being hospitalized again following another stroke. She has set him up with all new doctors in Kansas. He was moved from the hospital to the nursing home in Kansas where he is now.
    Although he still owns the farm in North Carolina, our intent is for him to remain in Kansas.
    My assumption is that he is now a Kansas resident, but please give me your advice on that.
    Thanks once again!
  5. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    If the plans are for him to remain there, then yes.

    Applications for Kansas residents need to be mailed to:

    St Paul Pension Maintenance Center
    Veterans Administration
    1 Federal Drive, Fort Snelling
    St Paul, MN 55111-4050

Share This Page