THANK YOU JESUS! FINALLY RECEIVED RETRO - THIS IS MY STORY - DONT GIVE UP!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnLM326, Nov 12, 2012.

1. JohnLM326

JohnLM326 Newbie

TO DEBBIE AND ALL THE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM - THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP AND SUPPORT.

DEBBIE YOU WILL RECEIVE A DONATION THIS WEEK. :)

This file goes back to April 2010.

1. Started receiving A&A in October 2011.
    2. I was appointed fiduciary in mid May 2012.
    3. All of the requested information that VA asked and required was in as of mid July 2012.
    4. Retro pay was approved to be released in late August 2012.
    5. Talked with VA rep in early September 2012 and said paperwork had been signed by a manager for release.
    6. Contacted my Senator Oct. 19, 2012 and received response on Oct. 27, 2012 with a letter attached from VA that they are checking into the inquiry.
    7. On November 1, 2012, I received a personal phone call with an apology from the Fiduciary Office and to say that there are many vets in a similar way - waiting just as long or longer.

RECEIVED RETRO BENEFITS - NOVEMBER 5, 2012

I know if I have gone through this long process others have also.
    I hear that there are other vets that started the filing process for A&A but got so frustrated that they said to forget it.

CONTACT YOUR SENATOR IF YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME.

THROUGHOUT THE A & A PROCESS, I CONTACTED MY SENATOR A TOTAL OF 3 TIMES.

DON'T GIVE UP, CONTACT YOUR SENATOR AND YOU WILL GET RESULTS.

NOW MY NEXT GOAL IS TO FILE FOR THE IMPROVED PENSION.
    I can go back one year (2009).

I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG THIS PROCESS WITH TAKE, HOWEVER I AM THANKFUL.

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU AND ALL THE VETERANS.

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

For those still waiting or running out of hope, this should help you to keep believing and hanging on.

As our battle continues to get this pension to a national level, we appreciate your considerations of a donation.

I'm glad we could be here for you on this journey.

3. JohnLM326

JohnLM326 Newbie

Debbie,
    I donated last night. Again thank you for your help.

4. vetadmin

Received, and appreciate your generosity!

Keep us posted on your updates, and hope this process goes much faster for you.

5. sck

sck Newbie

Thank you for your story. I am in a long 13 month waiting game and just now being told that my mothers claim is waiting for determination now. We have filed all necessary paper work twice. Actually going in with death certificates twice because told that it was "lost". I hope that after contacting Senator Bishop we will be able to get something acheived.

6. vetadmin

You need to stay on top of your Senator and make sure they follow through for you. No excuse to be 14 months on this. None!

7. stonewick

stonewick Newbie

We filed our claim in July of 2011 and it was denied due to the NSO not including ANY of expenses. Claim was reopened in May of 2012 and we are still waiting. Our State congressman has been working on this since June and everything was fine until they came up with a previous marriage that they NSO left off of the initial paperwork..That was sent overnight and signed for on the 9th of November. We are losing everything we own and I doubt my husband who is only 60 will live long enough to see a dime of this money. It is amazing how some breeze through in 15-45 days and some wait years. My husband was so proud of being in the Marine Corp, I wonder how he would feel now?

My only wish is that I had found this sight prior to meeting with the AMVET person who did't have a clue what A & A was. I encourage all of you to read and listen to Debbie and the senior members of this site. My life would have been so much easier and I might not be losing my house. Blessings to each of you and may your journey be a pleasant one.

8. vetadmin

I am so sorry that you are haing to deal with this. I know this has to be an incredibly sad and scary time for you.

Since you already have your Congressperson involved with this, I would keep going back to that and streesing your hardship case, and theat you are loosing your home, and just "beg" that someone can do somthing to get this application through the system and get a decision

keeping positive thoughts fo ryou.

Thank you for your kind words regardint the resource the site and forums have been to you. We also wish you have found us sooner.

Keep us updated.

9. Anne

Anne Newbie

Dear Debbie,

Your website is a Godsend, and I will definitely recommend it to others. Also, I made a donation last evening.

I applied for A&A last August, 2011 on behalf of my Mom who moved to Assisted Living. The director of the facility told us about this benefit, and fortunately, about this site as well. First, I read all of the helpful advice on your site and I carefully did as instructed. Then we waited and waited and waited.....We did not use a VA rep or call a Senator, though we were getting close to doing do. Instead, my brother called the VA monthly to find out my Mom's status. When he called to inquire earlier this month, he was told that they are 800,000 applications behind in processing claims! This bit of info shocked us and we had thoughts of giving up. But we weren't going to give up. Our Dad was a decorated WWII veteran, and he never gave up.

I am thrilled to say that yesterday, November 29, 2012, (15 months later!) my Mom received her letter and her retroactive benefit direct deposit! Christmas has come early for us! My Mom will be able to get the care she needs for the rest of her days. I can't tell you what a relief that is for us.

My recommendation to others is to read all of the info on how to apply on this site. While I completed the forms, I kept referring to this site to make certain I was doing it correctly. The VA is very particular, and I used their lingo whenever possible. Secondly, make copies of everything, as this site recommends. We had an issue with mailing in requested info and our requesting a signed return receipt, because it goes to a post office box. So "no one is available who is authorized to sign". The post office told my brother this is par for the course for the VA. So we mailed things Priority Mail and asked for certification that it was delivered, rather than a signed return receipt. The post office in Milwaukee told my brother that our packet would be returned to us after two weeks of no one signing to acknowledge receipt. Because of this site, we had copies and mailed it Priorty, not requesting a signature, and it was delivered. Thirdly, be a squeaky wheel and call yourself or have a VA rep call monthly for a status update. Last but not least, be persistent and do not give up!

10. vetadmin

Anne,

So happy to hear this great news, and thank you for sharing it with everyone!

I appreciate your kind words, and love knowing that what I do makes a difference.

Thank you for your donation supporting my efforts.

Be sure to keep really good records so when you get the EVR, you will have it all together to respond.

Again, couldn't be happier that you didn't give up, and that your
    Dad's service was honored.

Merry Christmas!