switch aid and attendance from caregiver spouse to nursing home

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rfhjr, Sep 5, 2014.

  1. rfhjr

    rfhjr Newbie

    If a veteran applies and receives aid and assistance while being taken care of by his caregiver wife at home is it complicated to switch the aid and assistance to a nursing home. Other than the cost being more for a nursing home I did not know if there would be another form to be filled out if the switch was needed. Thank you
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    The spouse cannot be compensated to act as a caregiver. It is reasonable to expect spouses to take care of one another without compensation.

    You would just complete the VA 21-4138 Statement in Support of Claim informing the VA of his new address, costs for care. You would also need a Statement of Occupancy from the facility.

Share This Page