Surviving Spouse - Form 21-534 Doctor's statement?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brian_for_Dad, May 20, 2014.

  1. Brian_for_Dad

    Brian_for_Dad Newbie


    I'm processing 21-534 for my mom (non-veteran) following my father's (veteran) death. I've been using the Step-by-Step guide for surviving spouses, but I have a few questions.

    Question 31 regarding Aid & Attendance: the guide says to follow the form instructions, but the instructions only say to include a statement from the doctor.

    Is it appropriate to use 21-2680 "Examination for Housebound Status..." that I used for my dad's pension application?

    Thank you.
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    Yes, you use the 21-2680. This has to be included with the application.
  3. Brian_for_Dad

    Brian_for_Dad Newbie

    Thanks for you help, Debbie. I don't know how we could figure these things out without you.

  4. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member


    You're welcome. They sure don't make it easy!

Share This Page