Moving To Nursing Home

Discussion in 'How to Apply Questions' started by Ktakacs, Apr 1, 2015.

  1. Ktakacs

    Ktakacs Newbie

    My mother who has been a fortunate recipient of Aid and Attendance for 6 years has recently been admitted today to a skilled nursing facility from her assisted living residence. She will not be returning to assisted living.I know I need to notify the VA of this change. Which form do I use and do I need in addition a letter of occupancy from the nursing home. Please advise. i am anxious to get this sent off to the VA as I know it will probably take months for her award to be adjusted to the $ 90.00. She will be applying for Medicaid Title 19 in the state of Connecticut to cover her care as she has no assets or income to cover the costs.
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    You would use VA form 21-4138 Statement in Support of Claim to notify, and yes, you would want a Statement of Occupancy from the nursing home.

Share This Page