Medical records needed?

Discussion in 'Share Your Personal Experience' started by Jandy, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Jandy

Jandy Jr. Member

I'm confused--Do I need to submit any of my veteran Dad's medical records with the A&A application? I've got the completed physician's statement (21-2680--"Examination for Housebound Status..."), but do I also need records from hospitalizations, doctor visits, etc (either in the last year or from some other period of time)?

Btw, if this is relevant--to my knowledge he has never sought or received care from a VA hospital, doctor, etc...

Many, many thanks

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Jandy,

The Physician's Evaluation should be sufficient.

If the VA wants more information, trust me they will let you know, but generally the Eval is what they will base their decision on.

Good Luck with the process.

3. Jandy

Jandy Jr. Member

Dear Vetadmin,
    You have answered questions in 3 different posts for me (and will probably have to answer more as I complete Dad's application). I'll just thank you once here rather than taking up bandwidth!....Many, many thanks for your help. And not just from me, but on behalf of all the folks our there, past and present, you are helping with this site and your constant attentiveness.

You often kindly give condolences on this board when someone mentions that their loved one has died. Let me say how sorry I am to YOU on the loss of your mother, and all the shameful circumstances regarding the VA benefits that surrounded her death. It may be small comfort in the face of all you lost, but please know the work you do here matters.

Your mother would be proud.

4. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Jandy,

How very, very kind of you. I am greatly touched by your words regarding my efforts.

I am a firm believer that out of our darkest moments, can come the brightest light.

It has been a true honor for me to try and be that light for others.

Debbie