Medical Documentation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JGK, Jan 26, 2011.

  1. JGK

    JGK Newbie

    We have the 21-2680 filled out and the dr signed that my dad needs assistance with virtually every block - he can feed himself but cannot prepare meals. How much medical documentation do we need to provide? The Orthopedic records show his surgery and the doctor shows his parkinson's but its the combination of the two that makes him so unstable and unable to stand without a walker, walk more than 100-200" and unable to leave the facility on his own.

    I think we have everything but I am worried about the medical records?
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    As long as the Dr has stated his condition and his need for assistance, you should be ok. Of course with the VA there is always a variable to everything. IF, they should come back, they will simply ask for more documentation, and you can submit that with a 21-4138 "Statement in Support of Claim"

    With the end of month coming up, you really want to get this mailed off so you don't get pushed out another month.

    Do you have the correct mailing address for your dad's state?
  3. JGK

    JGK Newbie

    Thanks for the help. I think we have the right address. We have an appt with our local VA Advisor next week - We did file a Notice of Intent to File a Claim to supposedly protect the month of January. Hope that works as well. This forum has been a tremendous help - THANKS !!!!!
  4. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    With that appointment keep in mind that they won't offer to give you a complete copy of the application, which you need, and they will not send it via Return Receipt for proof of delivery, which is critical for you to have. There are only 3 Pension Maintenance Centers in the country that actually process these claims, and getting it to the correct center for your state is a must.
  5. JGK

    JGK Newbie

    Thanks - We live in Florida. Which processing center does it go to?
  6. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    Mail Return Receipt for proof of delivery to:

    Philadelphia Pension maintenance Center
    Veterans Administration
    5000 Wissahickon Avenue
    Philadelphia PA 19101

    Also keep a complete copy of the application for your records.

Share This Page