how best to let the VA know of bank account change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by toxdoc49, Aug 6, 2018.

  1. toxdoc49

    toxdoc49 Jr. Member

    I think I asked this before, but can't find my old post. I need to change the bank where my MIL A&A benefit gets deposited. So a couple of questions:

    Do I do that first and then send the updated information to the VA to let them know?

    What form do I use to inform the VA? statement in support of claim?

    I suppose I mail it to the same address that I used for mailing the application documents or where I received the reply from VA.

    Thank you.

    ARNGUS Newbie


    Assuming you have third-party authorization and are able to change your Mother-In-Law's information on her behalf with completed VA Form 21-0845, you can do one of the following:

    1. Call the DVA at 1-800-827-1000 and speak to a representative. They'll assist you over the phone after verifying the Veteran's information, followed by a series of questions. Make sure you have all necessary information handy.

    2. If registered, have said Veteran or Beneficiary update it by going to

    3. Fill out VA Form 24-0296 and mail it to the address provided on the first page. The payee (Veteran/Beneficiary) must sign and date.

    Please do not use the third option unless it's unavoidable. It may take one or two pay cycles before the deposit hits the new account depending upon the financial institution. (Basically, don't close the old account until everything is settled.)
    toxdoc49 likes this.

Share This Page