Hallelujah! Award Letter Received and Money Deposited!!

Discussion in 'Share Your Personal Experience' started by Caroliso, Jul 1, 2011.

1. hugapug

hugapug Newbie

THANK YOU, VETADMIN!!!!!

I wanted to share the news that my mother's pension was awarded today! Went into her bank account and found that almost $10,0000 had been deposited!!! I want to thank everyone for their help and advice, but particularly "Vetadmin" who suggested that I contact my mother's senator's office. I did contact the senator's office on behalf of my mom, and they called just a week ago to let us know that they had contacted the Veteran's Administration regarding my mom's case...........so no coincidence that today she got her money!!!!! It took 10 months, but worth the wait! Any of you who have been waiting for more than 8 months, I would advise you to contact your senator's office as well. Thanks again and best wishes for those of you still waiting!

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

So happy for you, and your mom. Confratulations! ;D

Means a lot to me to know that what I do made a difference for you, and please share the site with others.

3. romalynn

romalynn Newbie

Happy to hear all the good news here for our veterans and spouses. They all deserve so much more than they ever get.

4. Caroliso

Caroliso Jr. Member

Congrats, Hug! That's fantastic news. I'm glad all your hard work finally paid off.

5. Grammy824

Grammy824 Newbie

I met with the fudiciary representative on July 27, 2011, completed all necessary forms and was told to set up a special bank account so that VA could deposit the retroactive funds and monthly checks. Completed this process and expressed bank information on 25AUG11 to VA in Winston-Salem, NC. To date (23SEP11) no funds have been deposited. As I stated before, the initial application for the benefit was sent on 28MAY10. I'm still waiting.

6. sweetsooziep

sweetsooziep Newbie

I am a newbie here, looking for homecare for my Mom who is a widow of 2 veteran husbands who are deceased. Where do I begin? Sue

7. vetwife

vetwife Full Member

I am sure Debbie will give you more advice.
    I would start by going to the main webpage VeteranAid.org and reviewing a lot of info there.
    There is a list of forms you will need. Lots more info here on the forum.
    You can also go to va.gov and look under benefits and pension.
    Good luck!

8. vetadmin

Thanks vetwife. I responded to this under another posting Sue made.

9. daughtervet

daughtervet Newbie

Following the suggestions from this blog, we completed my mom's application and were preparing to mail by certified mail.

We had copied a PO Box address and zip, and were told that we could not mail a certified letter to a PO Box.
    This is what we had copied from your blog.
    Philadelphia VA Regional Office and Pension Center
    Attn: Pension Center
    P O Box 8079
    Philadelphia, PA 19101

I looked back on your blog to compare and noticed that the Woman who recently posted her letter to the VA Pension office used a different zip from the one that you had posted with the VA PO Box.
    Lady's letter
    Philadelphia Pension Maintenance Center
    Veterans Administration
    5000 Wissahickon Avenue
    Philadelphia, PA 19191

I googled to find the physical location. I found one for the whole VA Insurance Bldg.
    VA Regional Office & Insurance Center

5000 Wissahickon Ave.
    Philadelphia, PA 19144-4867

Note: This is not our Postal Address but will lead you to the Visitor's Entrance)
    5100 Wissahickon Ave
    Philadelphia, PA 19144
    http://www.vba.va.gov/ro/philly/Index.htm
    I also found that there is a DAV and a Social Security office in that building with that physical zip.

Then I found another government document with this zip
    Philadelphia Pension Maintanence Center
    Veterans Administration
    5000 Wissahickon Avenue
    Philadelphia , PA 19101

So, I remain confused on which to use. One might be a typo. Should the zip be 19101,19191, or 19144?

Dont want to slow down the application because it is lost traveling between wrong departments or wrong zips.

10. vetadmin

Philadelphia Pension Maintanence Center
    Veterans Administration
    5000 Wissahickon Avenue
    Philadelphia , PA 19101

Good luck with the application process