Got the approval! :D

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VetsDaughter, Jan 25, 2008.

1. VetsDaughter

VetsDaughter Newbie

On Tuesday I received a copy of a letter sent to my mom saying that she will receive aid and attendance benefits in the near future, retroactive to August 30 when they received the claim!

It took a lot of time to organize the information and several near panics when I wasn't sure we could actually get the required information. However, there is no way I would have been able to complete the packet without browsing through this forum. I would especially like to thank veternsadvocate for the topnotch information and support he provided. Every time I had a question it was answered in an amazingly short time, unlike the email I sent to the VA in early December which has yet to be answered.

Receiving the benefit means that my mom will be able to stay in her current assisted care facility far longer than she would have otherwise. I am sure my dad is looking down and smiling...

Thank you all!

Best,

Ann
    Pleasanton, CA

2. veteranadvocate

veteranadvocate Full Member

Ann,

Congratulations. We are so glad to hear the good news. I am sure your posting will encourage others to keep working on the benefits that their parents are entitled to. I am also sure that your Dad is looking down and is saying, “That’s my daughter”.

3. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Ann,

What awesome news for you and your mom! Thank you for sharing this with us, and CONGRATULATIONS!! Your story will encourage others to not give up!

Thank you for acknowledging VeteranAdvocate for the incredible contributions he makes to this Forum. We know how lucky we are to have him!

This posting is why VeteranAid was created. To make a difference, and I suspect that our dads just might be standing next to one another sharing a proud moment regarding their daughter's accomplishments.

God Bless you both.

4. Katmandu

Katmandu Newbie

Congratulations Ann! I've been thinking about you knowing that we have been in the same situation for so long. My mom has been getting her benefits for a few months now and it is such a weight off my shoulders. I too could not have done it without the help of veteranadvocate and vetadministrator. I've sent in my amendment paperwork since my mom is living with me now and is not in assisted living and am just waiting to hear back from them to get the final approval of everything I've submitted. Blessings to you and your mom and to everyone on this forum who works so hard to help others.

5. bumblebee

bumblebee Newbie

My mom received her first check today - back pay to April 2007 - when we applied. It is a great feeling to know that she will be getting help to pay for the assisted living. You should be getting a check soon...Good Luck!