From DD214 equivalent?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maesbaby, May 29, 2008.

  1. maesbaby

    maesbaby Newbie

    Hi, I will be applying for my Mom who is a widow. My Dad served in WWII in the Marine Corp. I have the U.S. Marine Corps Report of Separation, form NAVMC 78-PD. It lists all relevant data for my Dad's service. Can I send this or do I need to request a DD214?

  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    You can send a copy of his separation form, which they should accept. Do not send the original of anything. Always send a copy. The VA has a way to verify dates of service.
  3. nananorma

    nananorma Jr. Member

    I sent the original DD214 and the VA returned it within 2 weeks - nicely sealed in a plastic page protector. I didn't know if I'd ever see it again! That was a pleasant surprise.
  4. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    Glad to hear that was the case for you. All too many times orignials get lost and are never seen again. In the future always send copies.

    Hope you will have good news soon!

Share This Page