Form 21-601 vs Form 21P-0847 ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maven, Apr 7, 2017.

  1. Maven

    Maven Jr. Member

    Which form should be used when a beneficiary dies before a fiduciary is appointed and retroactive benefits can be paid? There is a surviving adult daughter who went into debt paying for her mothers care while waiting for benefits.
  2. Matt375

    Matt375 Jr. Member

    You will need to complete both forms.
    Kaylin likes this.
  3. VA Legal Team

    VA Legal Team Full Member

    Be careful with this. If the VA thinks the adult daughter was paying for ALL of the care while waiting for the benefit, then they will not pay any money. The VA will say that mom's income was too high. If the adult daughter was only paying the shortfall (i.e. the difference between mom's income and the care), make sure that is clear to the VA.
    Kaylin likes this.
  4. Kaylin

    Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

    Good tip. Thank you both for your input!

Share This Page