Death pension and aid and attendance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by llwright, Jan 21, 2017.

  1. llwright

    llwright Newbie

    my 92 year old mother was just diagnosed with dementia and she needs help with her meds and does not drive. I have been waiting on a decision for death pension since May 2016 and have contacted my senator. Since the va has all necessary papers for aid and attendance/housebound can I just send them a doctor form to include with the papers or do I have to start over?
  2. Kaylin

    Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

    My apologies it has taken a while to answer this question. Yes, I would include a Physician's Statement and any other forms of evidence if she is in need of more benefit to cover an increase in care costs - like bank statements, assisted living facility Nursing Home Status Statement, Statement of Occupancy from the ALF, etc.

Share This Page