Assisted Living Facility "Statement of Occupancy"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by edwina10, Jun 22, 2015.

  1. edwina10

    edwina10 Newbie

    I was ready to mail my mother's claim for a death pension, but at the last minute in reviewing some recent posts, noticed one pertaining to securing a "Statement of Occupancy" from an ALF. Per that suggestion, I requested the Alzheimer's & Dementia Care ALF where my mother resides to assist me in getting that document completed, but today they have informed me that they do not have nor do they utilize any sort of "Statement of Occupancy" although they have already completed the VA 21-0779 which indicates the monthly expense, and the date of admission for my mother's application.

    Will the VA consider her application incomplete without this "Statement of Occupancy" and if so, is there some alternate documentation I could provide?

    To recap, in support of my mother claim, I'm sending:
    Deceased spouse's military discharge, death certificate, marriage license/certificate, SS letter, income/asset verification, and recurring medical expense info.

    Thank you for your continued assistance. This site and your service is certainly a light at the end of a long dark tunnel.
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member


    Mark through Nursing Home and write Assisted Living or ALF.

    Looks like you are good to go otherwise. Be sure to keep a complete copy of the application for your records, mail Return Receipt and look here on the forums under Tips and Resources for the correct Pension Maintenance Center for your Mom's state.

    Good Luck!
  3. timjn

    timjn Newbie

    Condolence to your family!

Share This Page