Any advice on applying for an increase in the AA benefit?

Discussion in 'Veteran Application' started by Erin, Feb 1, 2017.

  1. Erin

    Erin Newbie

    My 94 year old father recently moved into an assisted living community in a different city. He had a small Aid and Attendance benefit, but now needs to apply to increase the benefit as his costs have tripled. Any advice on what he should do?
  2. Kaylin

    Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

    You need to submit a Statement in Support of Claim form 21-4138 with an explanation as to why you are asking for an increase in the award. In addition you will need to include a Statement of Occupancy from his new ALF (ask the workers at the ALF, they should know what it is). And any bank statements that support his increase in care costs can be a bit help.

Share This Page