A&A Payment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LisaLee, Aug 22, 2009.

1. LisaLee

LisaLee Newbie

I read on this site that a veteran can recieve *up to* $1632 a month.

How is it determined how much a vet will receive?

Thanks.

2. pologal

pologal Guest

pension is an income based program. there are a lot of factors that go into it. you may want to visit www.va.gov to learn more. there are also plenty of links and other internet sites that explain what the program is and how to qualify for it. but basically without going into depth, if the vet meets the basic criteria (war time service, permanent and totally disabled) then review of income, assests and net worth plays into the amount payable.

3. Lelon1

Lelon1 Newbie

Re: Mom and Assisted Living

My mother who is now 85, and has been living on her own up to this point, however, now she will need assisted living. She is a surviving widow, (my father retired from the military in 1968 and died in 1969 after 22 years service) at the time there was no SBP, so she did become eligible for a widow's pension, and she draws S.S as well as a small Civil Service retirement pension. Regardless, it is all not enough to reside in a decent assisted living home. Is she eligible for any other benefit? Thank you. Lee

4. pologal1979

pologal1979 Guest

if she has VA widows pension now, and she is going into an assisted living facility, then you may want to apply for aid and attendance. is this the answer you are looking for? if not, please be more detailed and i can answer your questions better.