A&A - Dental? and some inspiration for those waiting decisions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by discovery1977, Mar 18, 2010.

1. discovery1977

discovery1977 Newbie

I'm sorry if this isn't the right forum, but it seemed like the best place to ask. My father has been receiving A&A for many years now, but since he doesn't have service related disabilities he has not qualified for dental care at his local VA. Does anyone know if there is some sort of dental care covered...anywhere? I know this is grasping at straws, but I was hoping since he qualified for A&A based on need, that would help qualify him for dental care.

Lastly, and this should go in "my stories" but I just have to say to you all - be persistent. While waiting the many months for my father's application to be processed, I called many times to check on the status of his application. One time in particular, I spoke to a very kind gentleman who expedited the situation for us (we were having a few hangups with my father's discharge papers). Anyway, I'm glad I called as many times as I did, because it only takes one person to help you. After speaking to that man, we were approved within 2 weeks for the max amount my father was eligible for, plus a check for retro payment arrived in the mail.
  2. jpez

jpez Full Member

in the wider sense your asking "did I get all the possible programs that are out there?"

What is your dad's actual gross income?
    There are Medicare Programs: QMB, SLMB, and Part D EXTRA HELP that could apply to his situation. While they don't pay for dental, they free up money in the overall budget.