10-10EZ Health Benefits

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by caregiverx2, Jan 3, 2011.

1. caregiverx2

caregiverx2 Newbie

I understand VA Health Benefits are NOT connected in anyway to VA A&A benefits, however,
    I have a question.

Application says to send to your 'Local VA Office'......

Debbie & Jpez, do you know if there is a better address to file?

We live in Florida & sent Dad's A&A application to PHIL, PA.
    We would have sent it to local VA if we hadn't found your forum so I thought I'd check first.

Jean
    CaregiverX2

By the way, we received confirmation PHIL PA received Dad's application on 12/30/10
    I'll keep you posted.

Thank you to all

2. jpez

jpez Full Member

I know that a vet on Pension w/A&A (or HOMEBOUND) rating recieve VA Health Care, if they want it. Usually though, the VET is already in some Health Care Program (local doc, HMO, etc) and doesnot want to change. Also there are fewer VA Health CARE centers to select from compared to 20 yrs ago.
    However, Vet on Pension w/ rating can also recieve VA Rx. It is mail order and may be a better price than the local Pharmacy.

I also know that VA Health Care is also 'means tested'. I just have no idea what the levels are as a stand alone program.

and lastly, I know that widows are not elegible for VA hEALTH Care or VA Rx just because they recieve Pension w/ rating.

3. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

For FL residents, applications are processed through the PA office, so you sent it to the correct place. The VA does not tell people there are three pension centers that handle apps for this pension, and by not sending it to the correct place, it only delays the processing time not to mention the potential for it getting "lost".