Where to file...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Red Headed Mommy, Mar 10, 2011.

  1. Red Headed Mommy

    Red Headed Mommy Jr. Member

    I am so excited about all the great help here, I am now passing the word to friends!

    The surviving spouse of a WWII vet lives in Mississippi and her mother lives in Montana...where would she file? I am guessing it is the following based on other posts, but I want to be sure...

    Milwaukee Pension Maintenance Denter
    Veterans Administation
    5400 West National Avenue
    Milwaukee, WI 53214

    Thank you!
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    I have to admit to being a little confused here.

    The widow lives in Mississippi......is that who making the application for benefits? Whose mother is this in Montana, and are they both filing for this pension?
  3. Red Headed Mommy

    Red Headed Mommy Jr. Member

    So sorry on the confusion....I wasn't clear at all!....my friend lives in Texas (an irrelevant detail, but it resulted in me mixing my pronouns :). ... Her grandmother lives in Mississippi is the surviving spouse of the World War II veteran and the one in need...my friend's mother (the applicant 's daughter) will be in charge of completing the application and lives in Montana...we weren't sure where to file...

    I apologize for my confusing question....
  4. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    Ok, that makes a little more sense.

    Mail to the 5400 West National Ave address. The application has to be submitted to the proper state the applicant lives in.

    The daughter needs to include the 21-0845 "Approved 3rd Party" so she can oversee the process and for the VA to be able to discuss the application with her.

Share This Page