When will Dad's first check be deposited?

Discussion in 'Veteran Application' started by Jandy, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Jandy

Jandy Jr. Member

Dad was approved for A&A a week ago--yay! The letter from the VA said the award was effective 1/1/16.

Does anyone know how long it will be until we see the first check deposited in Dad's account?

Many thanks...
  2. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

You should be receiving the first check soon. So you already received the award letter, correct?

The accrued amount of money, if there was any, will only be deposited in a lump sum after the fiduciary interview (if you still need to go through the fiduciary process).

So happy to hear your father was approved for the Aid and Attendance benefit!
  3. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

You should see the first deposit in February.

So happy for you and your Dad.
  4. Jandy

Jandy Jr. Member

Thanks so much for the info. I did seem to recall something about it going in the month following the approval letter. I know it's silly, but I'm just so anxious to see the entry in his account. It's like it doesn't seem real until I see the deposit!

Yes, we do have to go through the fiduciary process, which we totally expected. Hopefully that won't take too long, but I'm just thankful Dad will get the benefit going forward. It will help SO much.

Thanks again....
  5. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

I understand wanting to actually see that deposit, as it makes it real, and you can draw a true sigh of relief!