WHAT NOW?

Discussion in 'Share Your Personal Experience' started by PMAZE, May 27, 2014.

1. PMAZE

PMAZE Newbie

My mother is a hospice patient due to a massive stroke. I applied for the Aid and Attendance 11 months ago. I went to inquire about it and the lady told me it was still in pending. No guidance no hope. what do i do now? Pray? Sorry I'm just getting a little frustrated.

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

You need to immediately call her Senator today, and have them make in inquiry into the status of her application.

If she is on Hospice services, she is entitled to expedited processing, but aside from that, this should have already been done.

You will need to sign and fax back a form authorizing the Senator's office to make the inquiry. You also need to stress to their office that she is on Hospice care.

3. PMAZE

PMAZE Newbie

Is there a certain form and if so where do I get it? And thank you in advance. this has been a long long struggle. any help is greatly appreciated.

4. suse

suse Jr. Member

When I contacted our senator they faxed the form to me & then I faxed it back. So sorry you are having such difficulty....pending indeed! Ridiculous!

5. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

The Senator's office will provide the release form. They need it for their file authorizing them to make the inquiry.