Waiting on my second "decision letter"

Discussion in 'Waiting on Updates' started by Madison J, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Madison J

Madison J Newbie

Hi, i am just wondering if there are any hints in e-benefits as to what the decision is? I see my second claim is listed under "historical claims" in the exact same fashion as the first rejection letter. (with the little appeal status link next to it). The 2nd decision letter is on it's way, so I will know soon enough. I am just wondering if anyone saw any differences on e-benefits that would indicate an award. There is definitely nothing yet listed under the "My benefits and payment history", tab.

2. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

@Madison J I am not personally familiar with the e-benefits status codes although I know some people have mentioned it on the forums before. I'm not sure if they have ever mentioned the status that is shown if the award is given to the applicant, though. I'd be interested to know if you find out and can come back to tell us so I can put it in my notes!

3. Madison J

Madison J Newbie

I did find that I was able to view "access documents" and created a "benefit letter" which outlined that he was Approved for benefits. So there is a way after all :). We got the official letter yesterday. I found by using the 1800 number and e benifits as a way to communicate very beneficial. I was overthinking it the entire time, since December. When I used the site and 1800, I had my break through. I used this site to understand how to set up accounts and keep records for this. Thank -you so much!

Kaylin likes this.
  4. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

Thank you for letting us know how that works, @Madison J ! And thank you for the kind words. Congrats to you and your family for getting the benefit!