Waiting...not so patiently

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Helpingmom, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Helpingmom

Helpingmom Newbie

First THANK YOU for supporting us! My Dad (the vet) passed away in April and my Mom had to accept his social security which put her income over the GAFC level at her assisted living home. Her rent doubled because she was no longer eligible for GAFC and her income is far less than her expenses. Dad had A&A and thanks to veteranaid.org I found out Mom was eligible for A&A too. I applied back in June and we have gotten 2 postcards...the first to say they had received the application and another about 3 weeks ago saying to be patient that they are still processing.
    If this A&A doesn't come through we are going to need to pull her out of her AL and this would just kill her, she is so happy there.
    Would you suggest calling the regional VA to light a fire or will that just tick them off?
    Thanks!

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Thank you for letting us know we have been helpful, and glad we were able to do so.

Since it has only been 3 weeks since your last contact from them, we would suggest you wait a little longer. Since you have been through this process before, you now it is a lot of things, but fast is not one of them. Hopefully since all the info on your dad is in the system, it might help things to go through faster.

Be sure to keep us posted and share your experience here so that others can benefit.