Veteran Aid web site

Discussion in 'Share Your Personal Experience' started by samrobeson, Aug 7, 2009.

1. samrobeson

samrobeson Newbie

Thank you, thank you, to whoever created this web site.
    My father, a veteran of WWII, is deceased. My mother (88) is now in an assisted living center. My mom does not have a home after a scam that her grandson pulled on her (sister's son) and got her homestead and some of her funds. Yes, we retained a lawyer but there was not much he could do.
    Mother is depleting her assets at the rate of about $2,000 per month. In about nine months, she will be out of funds and no place to go since I do not have a place either. She gave $2,000 to a scam artist who was going to help her get assistance from the VA. He kept asking for more documents and more money but did not process anything to our knowledge.
    Unfortunately, no one at the assisted living center has ever heard of assistance from the VA.
    It was only my accident that I found about this web site. I am starting to collect information needed now and will make an application for my mother this month.
    Wish me luck and pray for my mom.

SPREAD THE WORD - HELP IS AVAILABLE!

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Sam,

You are so very welcome. It is from my own experience that I created this site and forums with the hope of making a differerence for someone else.

I hope you will find this a good place to be for support and accurate information on the filing process.

If you know the name of the company who charged your mother $2,000, please consider sharing the name so that someone else will not fall victim.

Good luck with the process.

3. samrobeson

samrobeson Newbie

Name of the company that said they would help my mother get benefits was;
    John Wessler & Associates, 6801 Sanger, Suite 180, Waco, TX 76710

Nothing was ever accomplished except to ask for more information and money.
    Fee charged was a "consulting fee".