VA annual EVR

Discussion in 'Share Your Personal Experience' started by Janie, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Janie

Janie Newbie

Debbie,

I have applied (sent forms in) for A&A for my Mother this past month (as per your recommendation using Elder Consulting Services. Should she receive the monthly A&A I see mention of an annual EVR, what is this? Is it something that we have to show each year? thank you, Janie

2. AngelaManz

AngelaManz Jr. Member

EVR is the eligibility verification report. The form is mailed each year in January and must be fully completed and returned by March 31. On this form, you will list mom's actual medical expenses for the prior year, her anticipated expenses for the coming year, her income and her assets. It's like a mini-application in a way. Be sure to keep good records and you should be okay. Also, fill it out completely and return it as soon as you can. Don't wait until the last minute. Read all the directions and enclose any documents they may request. Don't hesitate to ask for help if you are unsure. If you don't do it correctly, her benefit may be suspended until it's corrected and as with any VA process, it can take quite a while to get unsuspended again.

3. Janie

Janie Newbie

AngelaManz,

Thank you for your reply. I have not had A&A awarded to my Mom yet but will keep this information so when and if we do will know what to expect. Again, Thanks!