Thank you Veteranaid.org

Discussion in 'Share Your Personal Experience' started by Judyalean, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Judyalean

Judyalean Newbie

My father has Parkinson's Disease and has been receiving the A&A benefit for 2 1/2 years. I followed the steps I found on Veteranaid.org to procure this funding for my him. Once we applied it took just over four months to receive the notice he was approved and about 6 months to receive the first deposit to his checking account.

The VA covered not only from the first day we applied, but they sent us a form saying we may have been eligible for funding for up to a year prior to our application, and then when we sent in documentation of earlier caregiving expenses, they went 4 months retroactively pre- our original application date.

This money has made all the difference in my parents' lives. We have used the funds to hire a live-in caregiver and even though my mom died in January, Dad can remain in his home. He is now on hospice.

Thank you for this wonderful service.

Judy

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Judy,

I'm late in commenting here, but have had a lot of committments in recent weeks.

I am so glad to know that the site was helpful, and that your Dad has been able to receive this pension ensuring proper care.

Our condolences on the loss of your Mom, and prayers for your Dad's current situation.

3. rubyxstar

rubyxstar Newbie

It's not that I ever learned came from somewhere before it. I read more I'm feeling a little confused.