Should I use ebenefits to submit my follow up evidence?

Discussion in 'Veteran Application' started by Caregiversunite, Jul 28, 2016.

1. I seem to recall that this was not the best way to submit the initial claim. What about for submitting follow up documents?

2. Or should I fax it to the philly office? I will do whatever is quickest! Thanks for your help!

3. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

Caregiversunite,

We do not recommend people use the eBenefits website as it has some glitches with it. Plus if you have not already started your initial claim with the eBenefits site I am not sure you can submit new documents? We always recommend faxing or mailing return receipt. And keep a copy of everything for yourself. Be proactive in following up a few days later to make sure it has been received if you have not already been told so.

4. Thank you! I will fax to the philadelphia office. The letter I received says the best way to submit the follow up documents is through ebenefits. But I trust you guys more! Who do I call to follow up with? Thank you!!!

5. Kaylin

You can call the VA's main phone number and it will (eventually) direct you to the right person. Unfortunately it may take a couple of tries, but it's the best way to know for sure that you are getting the right information about your application and additional documents.

6. pmf

pmf Newbie

I have a similar situation. We are approved and receiving the pension, but because of two recent moves are updating info with the VA. I have the documentation ready to mail, and noticed on the form VA sent it says to mail to Janesville, WI. We are in Texas and EVERYTHING I have mailed over the past two years has been to 1 Federal Drive, Fort Snelling, St.Paul MN. I'm thinking maybe they just sent me a form with the wrong address typed in??? I'm really afraid to mail it to WI. Any advice:

7. Kaylin

That is correct, the VA is going through a transition process for their mailing address. Right now we are recommending people send new applications to the Jainesville, WI address and follow up 30 days later to make sure it has been received (hence, why we recommend mailing return receipt). Since you've already been sending your documents to the St. Paul, MN site, I would continue to do so in this transition process. Make sure to mail return receipt.

8. pmf

pmf Newbie

Many thanks! I'm off to the post office.

Kaylin likes this.