Response Time

Discussion in 'Waiting on Updates' started by Sbeeneu, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Sbeeneu

Sbeeneu Newbie

I initially applied for the A & A Benefit for my mom at the beginning of April. I received a letter from VA 2 weeks ago stating they had received my claim. How long should I expect to wait for an Award Notification if there are no problems?

Kaylin likes this.
  2. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

The wait time for application approval varies greatly depending on a lot of things: namely how complicated the actual application is. How many different aspects it has to it that the VA has to check, etc. I have heard of people being approved in as little as a month but sometimes it can take up to one year. My question is: is your mom 90 years old or older? If so, you can ask for expedition of the application due to her advanced age. Also if she is facing financial hardship (not able to pay for her care completely with her monthly income and running quickly out of assets) than you can also ask for expedition of her application.

3. Matt375

Matt375 Jr. Member

If everything was completed properly, all the supporting documentation was include and the VA doesn't need anything extra. Typical response time, on average, 3-6 months. I will note that all of my pension claims go through Milwaukee so I can't speak for St. Paul.

Kaylin likes this.