Form 21-534

Discussion in 'Surviving Spouse Application' started by Scott C, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Scott C

Scott C Newbie

I am filling out form 21-534 for my mother-in-law. She is the surviving spouse of a veteran and is seeking aid and attendance benefits. My questions has to do with SECTION IV. It says not to answer #24 unless you were married to the veteran for less than one year. Am I correct that if you were not married less than a year you do not answer #24,25,26, or 27?

My second question has to do with leaving questions blank. I realize a financial question cannot be left blank and a zero should be entered if the answer is zero. What about other questions that do not apply so as the previously mentioned #24, 25, 26, and 27. Do you leave them blank or do you write does not apply or do you put N/A?

Thanks,

Scott

2. brunn2

brunn2 Newbie

For the financial questions,DO NOT put N/A put zero. I put N/A for those that did not apply and the application was returned asking me to correct the sections with a zero.

Kaylin and toxdoc49 like this.
  3. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

Thank you for your help with that, brunn2. That sounds like a good idea. Putting N/A in all blanks where it is not a number figure if the situation does not apply to you. But be sure to put zero as the number answers if the situation does not apply to you.