Filling out form

Discussion in 'Veteran Application' started by chance11, Jun 22, 2015.

1. chance11

chance11 Newbie

On the 21-527EZ form...filled out Social Security income for the month of veteran and spouse under monthly income Section VIII I think. In the next section, expected yearly income..it ask for wages and salary for the year..Do I include the Social Security payments in this and just multiply the monthly amount by 12? or do I put "N/A" as they do not work??? Next section is medical expenses section..here I am including the $104.90 deduction for veteran and also for spouse, I am also including the expenses paid for caretaker, they are paying me $1800/month, taken out of their Social Security payments. For the medical expenses, do I show the expenses per month, or for the past year??? Can I put $104.90/mo , 06/01/14-06/30/15 and $1800/mo for the same dates????? One more question, I have written documentation of dates paid per month for caretaking...and it will show taken out of bank statement...but do I need him to write ..I ceretify that I paid _______, $1800 per month for the past year or a statement for the last month?? would that suffice as proof of payment as an invoice?? Again...thanks soooo much!!!

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Just keep it simple, and put down what they pay per month for care and allowable medical deductions. Yearly income is what they get each month x's 12.

3. chance11

chance11 Newbie

So I do count social security income as part of the year expected income as gross wages and salary?

4. vetadmin

Yes, it is income.

5. chance11

chance11 Newbie

Thanks. I knew it was income, just did not know if it needed to be section V11 monthly income and V111 expected income. Thanks..I will put in both places. Thanks for all you do!

6. vetadmin

You're welcome.