Clarification of Processing Center address

Discussion in 'Veteran Application' started by DaughterofaVet, Jul 18, 2016.

1. I was going to mail my mom's intent to file form, but found that the VA website lists a different address for the processing center than the VeteranAid site does. Which should I use? The Jaynesville or Milwaukee address?
    VeteranAid suggests:
    Dept of Veteran Affairs
    Claims Intake Center
    ATTN Milwaukee Processing Center
    Jaynesville, WI, 53547-5192

The Dept of Veteran Affairs website says:
    Milwaukee VA Pension Center
    PO Box 342000
    Milwaukee, WI 53234-9907

I just want to make sure that our first document gets out to the right location to reduce any delays.
    Thanks in advance for your help!!!!
  2. toxdoc49

toxdoc49 Jr. Member

When I faxed my intent to file form, I received from the VA a paper showing where to send written correspondence. For Wisconsin, it does list the Jaynesville address but adds a PO Box 5235 to it (no ATTN line), and the zip code is 53547-4444, slightly different than what you have there. There's also a fax number of 844-822-5246. I used a fax number when I filed.
    Kaylin likes this.
  3. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

Thank you toxdoc! Currently there are some questions surrounding which is the correct address. If you send it to either, it should get to the right location but I would honestly go with the Milwaukee, WI address at this time. The post office has apparently (as I have recently been informed) to forward mail sent to the Jaynesville address to the Milwaukee one.
    toxdoc49 likes this.
  4. Thank you all so much! Let the fun begin!!! :eek:)
  5. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

You're welcome! Good luck!