Aid and Attendance Revoked?

Discussion in 'Share Your Personal Experience' started by mghieb, Jan 11, 2014.

1. mghieb

mghieb Newbie

My mother has been receiving A&A benefits for 3 years. Every year I have to fill out forms to ensure she keeps her benefits. I just received a letter from the VA outlining her pension, no mention of the A&A. In reviewing her bank account the deposit for January wasn't made? Mom is in an assisted living and needs that income, has this happened to anyone else? I did not receive any notification that her A&A was revoked. Please advice!
    Thank you!

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

The VA no longer requires the old EVR to be completed and submitted each year.

You need to contact the VA immediatley to inquire as to what is going on with her award.

3. mghieb

mghieb Newbie

Will do first thing. Thanks so much for everything you do, will let you know how it turns out.

4. vetadmin

You are welcome, and please do let us know what you find out.

5. laakea622

laakea622 Newbie

I was approved and awarded A&A compensation in Feb. 2012, and in Feb 2014 I received a letter informing me that I was overpaid by A&A and have to pay almost all of the money back. because of this, we are facing eviction. both my wife and I are veterans, I served during the Viet Nam crisis which partially qualified me for A&A along with my health issues which was verified by the VA Medical Center.
    Our combined income after medicare, dental, and my wife's life insurance we end up with approximately $1,450.00 and still have to pay for medication (wife), rent, food, auto insurance etc. which does not leave us with much.
    When I received the A&A compensation we upgraded from living in a basement apt. to a street level apt. which made life a lot easier for us (wife had back surgery in 1992, had a stroke in 1999 so her left side is very weak and as for me I had a triple bi-pass, have a stent implant, have balance issues, COPD and borderline diabetic).
    We have tried to apply for assisted housing but because of our income being to low we do not qualify.

6. vetadmin

I have sent you an email that you need to look at.