A few questions reg Fiduciary issues.

Discussion in 'Share Your Personal Experience' started by kiznick, Jun 27, 2010.

1. kiznick

kiznick Newbie

Hi, I'm a disabled Navy vet who has just received the letter of intent to find myself incompetent as per the VA doctor's request. In this letter it states that most likely they will find me incompetent...but I am very concerned for a number of reasons...
    First...I currently already receive monthly disability and in a few months I was counting on receiving GI bill funds to pay for school. Will they stop paying me right away? Or continue to pay me the disability but not pay me the GI bill ? How does this work?
    Secondly, I'm worried that they will no longer pay me while this fiduciary process goes through...and if so that is the only income I have coming in to keep me from being homeless.
    Third I have no intention of contesting it but I have heard you can appoint a financial institute ie a bank? or maybe a credit union? to act as fiduciary..if so what do i need to do to make this happen? and quickly.

I don't know if im putting this in the right spot but if anyone out there can help me I would really appreciate it.

Megan "Kiznick" B.
  2. Max

Max Hero Member

Hi Megan,

Your payments shouldn't be interupted while they assign a fiduciary to handle your funds. It might be possible to have a financial institution do it, but I have never seen it. The field examiner will be looking to find someone who will manage your funds for you and preferably not charge you to do so.

Post back if you have any questions.
  3. kiznick

kiznick Newbie

Thanks for your reply I appreciate it, as to your response ..I'm glad to know they shouldn't be suspending the payments. I was worried I had just gotten the letter this friday and it didn't say what they intended to do with my funds. And as I'm sure your aware...we have the first coming up soon and that means rent payments and etcs....kind of freaked me out for a moment there.