Which office to file A&A Applications

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cubkat, Jan 25, 2011.

  1. Cubkat

    Cubkat Newbie

    I am brand new at this. Spouse of veteran, 92 years old, had stroke in December. She qualifies, as far as I can tell, for Aid and Attendance benefits. She lives in Mississippi. Do I file with the VA office there in Jackson or do I use the Regional Benefits office in Milwaukee?
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    Applications for residents of MS need to mail to:

    Milwaukee Pension Maintenance Denter
    Veterans Administation
    5400 West National Avenue
    Milwaukee, WI 53214

    Make certain to keep a complete copy of the application and to mail Return Receipt for proof of delivery.

    Good luck with the process.
  3. Cubkat

    Cubkat Newbie

    Thank you so much. You and your website have helped me so much in this whole process. My father did not get a DD214 when he was discharged from the Marine Corp in 1945. I have found out that DD214s were after 1950. I have a document entitled Honorable Discharge which he received in 1945. I have been told that will suffice. Any experience with that issue?
  4. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    You are correct that there were other forms used prior to DD-214, and you will be ok with what you have.

    I'm glad we have been able to help.

Share This Page