What to pay?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Twinstoo, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Twinstoo

Twinstoo Newbie

We're waiting to hear back from A & A on mom's award and expect to hear from them soon. However, Mom's pharmacy bill continues to rise each month. Diabetes is an expensive disease. Her July pharmacy bill is $642 and this is after Medicare and her supplementary insurance have paid. I just paid her nursing home bill (her account) and she only has about $650 left in her checking for her pharmacy bill. Should I have written a check from my account to pay part of the nursing home bill or go ahead and pay her pharmacy bill? After she's approved/and receive A & A, will I be able to be reimbursed for my payments? I see that Obama Care and Medicare changes are totally affecting what she's out-of-pocket for...ridiculous! ???
  2. Max

Max Hero Member

Obamacare has not had any effect on the out of pocket cost for prescriptions. This is merely a result of patent law. If you are concerned about the government having too much of a role in healthcare, you should maybe reconsider applying for a benefits program that is 100% funded by tax dollars (and not by premiums paid by applicants) to pay for medical benefits.

That being said, if you are concerned about VA auditing you (which they won't) you can pay the additional expense out of your own pocket and call it a loan to her.
  3. Twinstoo

Twinstoo Newbie

4. Twinstoo

Twinstoo Newbie

I'm not worried about being audited. I keep excellent records for myself and for mother. I don't mean to sound ignorant, but what do you mean by patent law? I've watched mom's pharmaceutical bills increase substantially over the last year...is this the result of patent law?
  5. daughter#2

daughter#2 Newbie

Curious about comment regarding VA not auditing. Why did you say this? Doesn't VA verify information?