What to do next?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maven, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Maven

Maven Jr. Member

In Feb. 2016 I sent in Intent to File Form for my 89 yo MIL, regular mail no proof of mailing, which I now know was a mistake.In May I sent in claim for A&A. In June received 2 letters from VA first stating that pension was approved and would begin in July at rate of $219 per month. Second that MIL was proposed to be considered incompetent by VA and would require fiduciary to receive funds.In late July received check for $219.

We have already sent in statement and expense form asking for the amount to be raised from $219.

My questions are-
    1-Can I do anything about the February Intent to File, that seems to have either been lost in mail or ignored by VA?
    2-If fiduciary is required why was check sent in July?

Thanks
    Maven

2. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

I wish I had a better answer for you about the Intent to File that you sent back in February but I don't think there is much you can do. You could call the VA directly and see if you could track down that Intent to File and/or use a Statement in Support of Claim to mail in (return receipt) saying that you sent the Intent to File on [date] and that you were hoping they had record of it in their system.

You start receiving checks from July onwards because the Fiduciary process is for any retroactive funds. Since your application was approved so quickly I would say that you're not going to receive much in retroactive funds, but it could be 1-2 months worth. Since you sent the application in May.