We Amended Your PENSION Award as follows

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KarenO, Jan 26, 2010.

1. KarenO

KarenO Jr. Member

Though I am still waiting to actually receive benefits I received a letter which stated: We amended you PENSION award as follows:

Effective Date Monthly Rate Countable Annual Income Maximum Annual Rate
    1-01-10 $1056 000000 12618

It then goes on to state how they came to those figures, reiterating her income and expenses. Everything is exactly the same as was on the previous Rating Decisions. So what was amended? No clue.

The local office has finally received my mother's file to initiate a field visit. I am told they have 45 days to have the field visit and return information to main office. That will put me at March 12th. Almost one year to the day I originally applied. I have never had anything returned because they needed additional information or I didn't send something in correctly. It just has taken this long. Ready to pull hair out!!

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Karen,

This make absolutley no sense whatsoever. Hopefully you will get the visit scheduled sooner than later.

3. pologal1979

pologal1979 Guest

Sounds like your EVR was processed?

4. KarenO

KarenO Jr. Member

Haven't even sent in the EVR - it's not due until March 11th.

5. vetadmin

Karen,

Even if the EVR is not due yet, it sounds like they just sent a standard letter indicating that there were no changes.

6. vetadmin

I agree at this point to just wait. When you have the appt with the Field Agent, perhaps he will be able to offer more insight.

7. KarenO

KarenO Jr. Member

Well, in case no heard the WOOOOO HOOOOO from Florida, a check was received today for $1054 for January. I am still waiting for the field visit and perhaps after that, I will get the retroactive payment. But this is surely a relief and my shoulders feel a bit lighter!!

8. vetadmin

Awesome news and I know a sigh of relief. Sounds like just one more hurdle, and you can cross the finish line!