Waiting over nine months

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Candygirl, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Candygirl

Candygirl Newbie

Hello all!
    I am a newbie to this site and so appreciate the hard work and efforts of the originator ---- it is a blessing for sure! Now, my question regarding my mother in law ---Husband filed for aid and attendance benefits based on his late father's WW2 service time. We are waiting over nine months. Yes, I know it can be longer but she is now getting rapidly weaker and can't live alone any longer. She has no funds , no property or assets of any kind, only the SS check. She needs to get in a facility asap. All the paperwork was completed and filled out (he went to the local VA office for help on this) and we have heard not a word. What to do next? Whom do we call or do we go back to office that helped with paperwork ? By the way, she is approaching 90 years of age and I did read that they have to give preference when a person is in this age category but we have a few months to go until her next birthday. I am sure the paperwork was done correctly and if it was not, wouldn't we have heard something by now? Thanks for any insights on this issue.

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Biggest question here, is have you received any correspondence from the VA telling you that her application was received and is being processed?

3. Max

Max Hero Member

When you say "local VA office" what do you mean? The regional office for your state or the county veterans service office? The CVSO does not technically work for the VA...