Vetrans Identification Card

Discussion in 'Tips and Resources' started by Mountain Man, Mar 20, 2014.

  1. Mountain Man

    Mountain Man Newbie

    50 years after my service began, I'd like to use the VA to get an identification card.
    I spent 51 months on active duty (Which is 11% of my working career) Including the 25 months overseas. Now I'm building a house and visiting LOWE'S and Home Depot regularly and can't get the "Veterans Discount". My DD-214 is not enough for them and the VA says I. D. Cards are only for retiree's and the disabled.
    I was lucky and came home intact, physically and mentally, BUT that does not mean I'm not a Veteran.
    Any suggestions as to how to get the I. D. Card and in turn get the 10% off of my building supplies?
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    Personally, I do not know the process required for this. Have you contacted the VA or your DMV? I believe many states do these cards through DMV.

    Thank you for your service.
  3. jscott

    jscott Jr. Member

    Mountain Man,

    Here is a website that lists many different resources available:

Share This Page