Veterans Face Ruin Awaiting Benefits as Wounded Swamp VA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newpenny, May 24, 2012.

1. newpenny

newpenny Jr. Member

I just read an article in Bloomberg. If you thinks you have it bad, read the article. Soldiers coming back from the last 2 wars are waiting years,yes I said years, to get there disability checks.
    They talk about veterans needing jobs, they should hire and TRAIN vets to do the applications. I bet the people that sold the guns and everyone else that made money on these wars got their money, yet our vets who fought these wars are losing everything waiting for their benefits.
    Some thing new, Wives of 100% disabled vets from wars after 9/11 are getting $1200 to care for them in addition to the vets 100% disability benefit.This was signed by President Obama.

This is the article.
  2. vetwife

vetwife Full Member

Thank you for sharing this with us newpenny. It is a very sad and touching story.
    As they say there is always someone else worse off then ourselves.
    Bless these vets...they have served us so well. I hope they will receive more help.
    Their lives are changed forever.
  3. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Sadder is that there is no outcry in this country for our veterans, and the VA's failure to honor their service.
  4. Jimmylinn

Jimmylinn Newbie

It is sad the way a lot of veterans are treated. My husband is 100% disabled due to wounds and unemplyability due to PTSD Depression. He is from Vietnam era.He didn't have alot of problems getting paid for his physical woounds but when the mental showed up it took about 3 years a lawyer and a congressman to
    get that claim thru the VA. They should add more staff to take care of our veterans
  5. Jimmylinn

Jimmylinn Newbie

In regard to my post I think I was mistaken the lawyer and congressman was needed for ss. It still took a long time to get the va to up his disability sometimes it just takes getting to the right dr.