Veteran with A&A has died.

Discussion in 'Veteran Application' started by SNFinVA, Aug 16, 2015.

  1. SNFinVA

    SNFinVA Newbie

    Veteran parent, with A&A benefit has died and leaves behind widow who also requires daily care. Does surviving widow have to submit new paperwork to continue receiving VA A&A benefits as a surviving spouse?
    If so, what forms does she need to submit?
    I'm assuming that the benefit will need to be recalculated.
    Thank you in advance.
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member


    Our condolences on the loss of your loved-one.

    I truly hate to say it, but yes, a new application has to be submitted by the "surviving" spouse VA form 21-534EZ.

    All the documents that were submitted for the veteran has to be included as well as a certified copy of the death certificate.

    You will also want a new Statement of Occupancy if in facility care showing the care expenses for her.

    Again, sorry for this difficult time for your family, and wish I had better news for you.
  3. SNFinVA

    SNFinVA Newbie

    Thank you for the prompt response, as well as the very kind sentiments.

Share This Page