VA Form 21-22

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aliceg86, Jun 27, 2012.

  1. aliceg86

    aliceg86 Newbie

    Line 4 of Form 21-22 Appt of Veteran Service Organization as Claimant's Representative

    OK this might sound like a dumb question: Question 4 social security number, whose number do I put? My mom's or my deceased father (a vet)?
    I assume my mom's but I want to make sure I am correct.
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    Don't do a 21-22. Do the 21-0845 Approved 3rd Party.
  3. aliceg86

    aliceg86 Newbie

    My advisor gave me the 21-22 form and I don't want to mess up what he has advised. Maybe I didn't phrase my question correctly. Thanks for the response.
  4. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    The 21-22 is going to appoint your "advisor" as the Claimant's Representative, which you do not want to do.

    You need to be the one who can call the VA and follow up on the status of the applicaiton, so again polietly decline and insists on the 21-0845 naming you as the Approved 3rd Party.

Share This Page