updating direct deposit information for the VA

Discussion in 'How to Apply Questions' started by toxdoc49, Jun 5, 2019.

  1. toxdoc49

    toxdoc49 Jr. Member

    to update direct deposit information for the A&A benefit (changing banks for example)you need to fill out VA form 24-0296, Direct Deposit Enrollment. The beneficiary themselves has to sign this form. If there is a third party authorization on file with the VA, then the person who has this authorization can do the change in direct deposit over the phone. Wait times on the phone can be long though. Also the mailing address listed on the form may not be the best one to send it to. I use the address listed for my state in the section of this forum where the link is provided on how to apply. I am sharing based on my conversations with the VA by phone.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019

Share This Page