unclear on info needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mom205, Jun 27, 2009.

1. mom205

mom205 Newbie

I am planning to apply for A&A for my dad, I am trying to gather info needed. I am asked for direct deposit slip, bank statements and proof of interest earned on all accounts for one year. Last year, dad's cd's would have been more than allowed but funds are few now as we have used this for his care. My question: Will the fact that my dad had an excess last year disqualify him even though he is well below the limit now?
    Another question: Is there a cut-off date for applying...something was said about the 26th.
    Yet another: Dad remarried after mother died...they divorced. Do I still need wife#2 death cert or will the divorce papers be enough?
    Sorry if my questions sound elementry...but this has me very confused!
    Thanks much

2. Fit2009

Fit2009 Sr. Member

Hello Mom205,
    I beleive you need to send YTD statements and extrapolate the full 12 month amount. Last year should not matter. There is no cut off date - the VA must receive the paperwork by the last day of the month in order to start accruing benefits the first day of the following month. One of hte reasons you want US post office proof of delvery. Divorce is enough.
    Good Luck!