Two Ebenefit Updates in One Day

Discussion in 'Share Your Personal Experience' started by tanya0090, Apr 5, 2016.

1. tanya0090

tanya0090 Newbie

First thing this morning we were in Under Review status. We were updated about 4 hours ago to Preparation for Decision and I just checked and we are now in Pending Decision Approval!

I have been a nervous wreck not seeing any movement in Ebenefits over the last two weeks, attempting to call the VA and being told due to high call volumes to call back later and even sending an IRIS inquiry 6 days ago to which I have received no response. I must say the quick processing today has made up for my previous frustration and I remain prayerful the remainder of this process goes as quickly with a positive end result.
  2. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

We do, too, tanya0090. Hoping for the very best and good (speedy) news for you!
  3. JeanT

JeanT Newbie

Hopefully the decision you receive will be a favorable one. I recently received a decision for my mother who has finally been awarded the A&A benefit. The money has already appeared in her account. I was so excited I had to read the papers I rec'd from the VA three times before I finally realized that after a one year wait, I had finally come to the end of the road and my mother was going to receive the benefit she is entitled too. My point being - hang in there because in the end it is worth all the time, all the worry, and the frustration of not knowing what is going on. One thing I might add is that you can call the VA on the weekend and be given a time that they will call you back. I would do that to avoid the frustration of calling and trying to get thru to talk to someone only to be told they had a high call volume and to call back another time. I wish you all the best for a favorable decision!
  4. Kaylin

Yay! Great news! And thank you for sharing your insights.
  5. toxdoc49

toxdoc49 Jr. Member

I had sent the intent to file form to the VA at the end of May. I received a letter from then soon after acknowledging receipt of the form. They suggested using the eBenefits site, but from reading this forum I understand that might have problems for filing (I filled out the application for A&A and have a hard copy that I can fax, I was told this would be quicker by the Veteran Service Officer I met with, who was very helpful).
    There is also an electronic site they give for questions, don't know if it is appropriate to list the site here. Also they say they use a centralized mail system now.
    I received a VA file number with my letter, which I suppose I can now put onto the actual application.
    There are two places the mail goes now, Georgia and Wisconsin, depending on the state. I suppose that is for general correspondence and not for the application submission.
    Kaylin likes this.
  6. Kaylin

As toxdoc49 noted, the applications will go to different processing centers, but you should still use the addresses listed here for sending in your original and complete application packet. The reason why it may seem that you are getting correspondence and/or your application is going to multiple places is because they forward all of the applications to one central processing center to keep electronic records. Here are the addresses for sending your original application, though. Note these addresses are currently being updated to new addresses. They will forward to the new addresses as we work to update the new addresses on the VeteranAid How to Apply page:

AL, AR, IL, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, OH, TN, WI

Milwaukee Pension Maintenance Center Veterans Administration
    5400 West National Avenue
    Milwaukee, WI 53214
    AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, IA, ID, KS, MN, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WY

St. Paul Pension Maintenance Center Veterans Administration
    1 Federal Drive, Fort Snelling
    St. Paul, MN 55111-4050
    CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, MA, MD, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, PR, RI, SC, VA, VT, WV

Philadelphia Pension Maintenance Center Veterans Administration
    5000 Wissahickon Avenue
    Philadelphia, PA 19144