Submit forms myself or have CVSO do it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jlokken, Jun 30, 2015.

  1. jlokken

    jlokken Newbie

    Hi, First I want to say how helpful this forum has been. I think without it, a lot of time would have been wasted. Thank you a thousand times. Now for the question, I had contact with the local County Veterans Service Office. They were helful in obtaining a certified copy of the discharge papers. They also suggested that after I get all the forms completed, I should let them submit the papers to the VA as that would ensure they would not be lost or misplaced. My question, is this a good idea or can I just as well submit the papers via mail with return receipt request?

    I appreciate your time in responding. Jim
  2. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member


    Our recommendation is that you mail the application via Return Receipt, and keep a complete copy for your records.

    The VSO is not going to do either one of these for proof of delivery.

    Look here on the forums under Tips and Resources tab for a list of states broken down as to which Pension Center handles the state the applicant lives in.

    Glad you have found the forums helpful, and we wish you the best of luck with the process.
  3. KayF

    KayF Newbie

    Hello, my county Veterans Services faxed the application and forms last Friday. He said he got a return receipt of the fax from them June 30th. But I am wondering the same thing, or can I mail a duplicate claim registered return receipt? I would be losing June, though, and I don't know if it would cancel any previously submitted claims.
  4. vetadmin

    vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

    Do not recommend submitting a duplicate application. Will only cause confusion and quite possibly delay things.

Share This Page