Strp by Step Guide to filling out the application

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marlene12, Oct 16, 2014.

1. marlene12

marlene12 Newbie

It has been awhile since I looked into this for my mom. I want to now send in the application but it seems that they have new forms now. Also you used to have a Step by Step Guide to filling out the application and I don't see this on your website any more. For instance it used to have one form that you filled out whether it was for DIC, Death Pension or Accrued benefits - It now asks which one you are applying for? To be honest I'm not sure which one it is. Should I just check all - I don't want it to be held up for not filling it our properly. Do you still have the Step by Step guide? That was so helpful.

Thanks,
    Marlene

2. vetadmin

vetadmin Administrator Staff Member

Marlene,

There are new forms, and you want to use them. Since the new forms are pretty self explanatory, and they have changed, so we no longer offer the step-by-step guide.

No, you don't mark all. You are filing for A&A. You are not filing for DIC - Death Indemnity Compensation.

3. marlene12

marlene12 Newbie

Thank you for your response and although this does seem like a easier form, there are still questionable sections. Section IX - Expected income - All my mom has as income is her social security check, which I showed as monthly income in the section before this one. She doesn't have any other expected income for the year other than her social security. Since they are asking for wages and salary, I am not sure if they are looking for other resources than social security. Should I show that as her yearly income or fill in zeros.

Thanks,
    Marlene